Cellular shades are best known for their energy-saving properties but also offer a wide array of customizable options. Cellular shades get their name and insulating power from their honeycomb shape that traps air between the window and the room, buffering against heat loss in winter and heat gain in summer. Double cell shades offer maximum insulation. Light filtering or blackout fabrics provide privacy and light control choices in a wide array of colors, textures and even patterns. Customize your honeycomb shade with convenient lift options including cordless, top down-bottom up, and motorized remote control.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CUSTOM CELLULAR SHADES?
- Insulation. One of the greatest qualities of cellular shades is their effect on the insulation of any home. Heating bills can be one of the highest bills a homeowner or renter has to face. According to a report from the U.S. Energy Information Administration, electricity bills in New York City cost nearly $2500 a year, and heating is by far the highest contributor to that figure. Cellular shades are a highly effective insulator, as they trap air inside their cells and provide a barrier to heat escaping the house. Bare windows are a very real heat waster, since glass is a conductor. But the multiple layers of fabric of double cellular shades, in addition to the air inside, provide a highly effective way to prevent heat from leaving your home or apartment, and can quickly pay for themselves with the savings on your heat and gas bill.
- Texture. Cellular window shades, with their tube-like construction, are a unique-looking window solution. They offer a three-dimensional visual effect that many other window treatments rarely provide. If you’re looking for a new way to bring texture into a certain room or decor scheme, then double cellular shades make a striking visual impression. Each cell mimics a cell of a tree or of a honeycomb, evoking a natural sense even indoors. Many customers like to get shades that set their homes apart, and double cellular shades are a less common pattern that will make any room into a conversation piece for guests.
- Noise dampening. One reason many customers buy window treatments in the first place is to control their environment, whether that’s controlling temperature, light, or sound. And these cellular shades have some of the best noise dampening technology possible. In the same way that the air inside the cells and the double-sided fabric insulates a window to keep heat inside, the air and fabric dampens noise from outside. This is a perfect feature for those living in New York City, which is sometimes one of the noisiest cities in the country.
Cellular & Honeycomb Shades
- #1 pick for energy efficiency
- Attractive crisp pleats in many sizes
- Known as honeycomb shades for their shape
- Pick extra cells for better temp control
- Motorized, top down & cordless choices