When designing the decor of an interior room, window treatments should be one of the first considerations and Pleated shades enjoy an unmatched popularity among the numerous options for window treatments. Pleated window shades are a perfect way to change your windows from just a source of light into an attractive, light-filtering key feature of a room. They are ideal shades for turning your windows into picture-perfect decorative parts of your home. Apart from their appealing look, they are also popular for their light filtering and UV protection, along with enhanced privacy features. Pleated shades are like other curtains, in that they drop down and expand with the pull of a cord, and they pull up and collapse into a stack at the top of the window with a pull of the same cord. Pleated shades expand differently from other shades, however — when they drop and fold out, they create a distinctive zigzag pattern, with sharp corners that are easily identifiable from across the room.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS of PLEATED SHADES?
- Style and Substance. With the installation of these shades from Empire Custom Windows, you will see a noticeable improvement in the décor and style of your home. The pleated window blinds available at our company, are manufactured using highest grade pleated and stiffened fabric. The pleats of these shades, when you pull them up, get combined in a uniform manner and arrange flatly at the top. This will add a unique style to your home décor. Furthermore, due to their sturdy build, they can be termed as a perfect combination of style and substance
- Convenience and variety. Pleated shades are highly convenient. Thanks to their design, they are easy to collapse or open. It’s even possible to motorize them, meaning that you could open your shades with only the touch of a button on a remote from across a room. While some options for window treatments and accessories are a hassle to manage, with arranging, pulling, and maintenance required keeping them straight, these pleated shades are naturally orderly and convenient to own and operate.
- Unparalleled Warmth & Softness. A window covered by pleated shades from Empire Custom Windows exudes unparalleled warmth and softness that too without the heaviness and bulk of traditional drapes that fades away and deteriorates with the passage of time. Pleated shades, due to their appealing and attractive look, are ideal for any type of windows in any part of your home as they help to create a cozy and comfortable environment in any room.
- Ease of use. While some blinds require frequent adjustment in order to control the amount of light coming into a room, pleated shades are a quick and easy setup. Anyone can simply pull on a cord, and the shade goes up. Pull on the cord again, and the shade goes down. And of course, the shade can be set to the exact preferred height to allow in the optimal amount of light.
- Light control. Pleated window shades are highly effective at controlling the amount of light coming into a room. Of course the shades can be raised or lowered, but they also come in different opacities, meaning that some kinds allow much more light in than others. In addition, it’s possible to order custom pleated shades with blackout liners. Blackout liners are typically a dark fabric that block out almost 100% of light. They can be attached to various window treatments so that when the treatment is lowered almost no light is allowed into the room.
ARE CUSTOM PLEATED SHADES RIGHT FOR MY HOME?
Custom pleated shades are a versatile and simply gorgeous window shade very similar in appearance to a honeycomb shade. Their bold, angled pattern instantly stands out as a visual highlight, and the depth of the shade and range of options of fabric, color, etc. creates a wide range of possibilities for the perfect fit in your home.. Our shades are guaranteed to meet your satisfaction, and we guarantee that you’ll find them easy to use in order to make any room in your home a visually appealing, pleasant place to be.
Pleated Shade Options
Top Down / Bottom Up — This option is great for light and privacy control since you can raise and lower your pleated shades from the bottom OR top of the shade, this is ideal for bathrooms and bedrooms.
Light Filtering — Light filtering shades are the perfect option for those looking for privacy without blocking out a lot of natural light.
Lift cord — This is the traditional blind which operates with the pull of a cord.
Room Darkening — You should choose room darkening shades if you want to block out a majority of light from outside, this is an ideal option for bedrooms and media rooms.
Cordless — This is an ideal option for those who want a clean cord free look, and it is the safest option for those with children and pets.
Easy Lift — With the easy lift option operating your blinds is a breeze, simply press a button and lift gently. This is an ideal option for large windows and for those who have trouble operating the traditional lift cord system.
Motorized Lift — With our motorized lift option your pleated shades can be operated at the touch of a button, most ideal for large windows and hard to reach places.