WOVEN (BAMBOO) SHADES
Bamboo shades are an excellent way to decorate any home. They are forward-thinking, sustainable, easy to use, and highly effective. Bamboo is a very popular option right now, and grows more popular by the day. Bamboo blinds will turn your living room into a something more like a lived-in sun porch in Southern California, the daylight filtered by simple, grasslike shades. They help to bring a little bit of life into a room with their vibrant green wood-like material, and they’re very easy to use, install, and maintain. And custom bamboo blinds are tailor-made to fit any room or apartment.
WHAT ARE BAMBOO WINDOW SHADES?
Bamboo window shades are made up of a series of horizontal slats of bamboo, ranging from a half inch wide to several inches wide. These can be pulled up into a bunch at the top of a window by merely pulling a cord, and they can also be turned upwards or downwards to let in more or less light by pulling a rod or ribbon. Natural bamboo blinds are made of the bamboo plant, which is actually a kind of fast-growing grass, which means that bamboo is one of the most “green” and sustainable materials for window treatments.
ARE CUSTOM BAMBOO BLINDS A SMART DESIGN CHOICE FOR MY HOME?
Still on trend after all these years, bamboo was first used as the décor du jour in China 5,000 years ago. Bamboo window treatments remain a constant go-to in the stable of many designers for many reasons:
- Today’s hottest design trends call for natural textures, making bamboo a natural choice.
- They’re versatile enough to complement almost any decor and available in a variety of colors.
- Made from exotic, natural, eco friendly materials, they provide durable, long-lasting beauty
- Light control. One of the great advantages of any kind of blinds is light control. While many forms of custom window blinds coverings are “on or off,” meaning they’re over the window or they’re not, blinds are different. You can adjust blinds to a partway point by turning the slats upwards or downwards.
- Waterproof. Bamboo window treatments are waterproof. Bamboo thrives naturally in wet, tropical environments, so a little rain isn’t going to hurt. That’s why they’re a great option for the patio and other exterior spaces
- Value. Many bamboo products are less expensive than their wooden competitors, thanks to the plentiful supply of bamboo on the world market. Bamboo window blinds are no exception. They have a relatively low cost of production, yet are incredibly durable, lightweight, and unique in appearance.
- Ease of use. Bamboo window blinds are uniquely easy to use and maintain. While other window treatments entail continual adjustment, bamboo blinds are a snap. They can quickly be adjusted with the pull of a slide or ribbon, and they can easily be pulled up with a pull on their string. In today’s busy lifestyle, time is of the essence, which means that you shouldn’t be spending time fussing with your windows, so custom bamboo blinds are a perfect time-saving solution.
- Durability. Some materials in window treatments are difficult to maintain. Some can tear, bend, or attract dust and dirt. But bamboo is naturally durable, clean, and low-maintenance. Once in a while you can run a dust rag over the blinds, but that’s about the only maintenance necessary. Adding blinds as durable as bamboo to your home means that your blinds will last while other blinds may have to be replaced on a yearly basis, resulting in years of savings for homeowners. Natural sourcing. Bamboo is the fastest-growing plant on the planet. It can grow several feet per day, and now grows in forests around the world. This natural abundance means that bamboo is a highly renewable and sustainable resource, which makes it a perfect choice for any eco-conscious home decorator.